Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I'm a jogger..

Jennifer and Rebecca talked me into running with them two or three days a week.  Yesterday morning was my first time, and I had to get up at 0530 to get ready.  Nobody should have to get up at 0530, for anything.  We were supposed to run at 0600 though, so what could I do.  

They showed up at 0613.  I was about to start badmouthing them, but I forgave them when they walked in the door.  I ran for 20 minutes and they went longer.  I figure it's because they are young and I am an overweight old wuss.  Today I have been in pain all day.  My thighs are tight and they hurt.  I rode my bicycle to work today too.  You'd think that with almost 1000 miles logged on the bike this year (it's 1010 after today), a 20 minute run wouldn't make me sore but it did.  It's bedtime and my legs still hurt, and I told them (my daughters, not my legs) that I would run again tomorrow morning.  I know, I know, I will have to get up at 0530 again.  What is wrong with me? 

2 comments:

The Shawcrofts said...

Good for you Grant! You'll be ready for a triathlon in no time!

Jennifer Groves said...

Dad you are really doing great! At least when I leave you & Becca can be running partners. I will have to solo it until I can con friends into going with me. We love running with you!