Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Blue Angels are in town!

This weekend is the bi-annual airshow.  Lots of cool military planes and antique biplanes, etc. are in town.  I was at work from 0815 until 1930 (7:30 p.m. for you landlubbers) and didn't write a single parking ticket.  Most of the day was spent hanging around the airport watching the airplanes.  I got to see the Blues practice, and also saw F-15s, F-16s, Korean War era Migs, C-130s, and some acrobatic planes.  There was even a WWII B-25 Liberator there.  Worst part was that I didn't have my camera.  Bummer.  Since it was such a long, although unproductive, day, I will compensate by taking off three hours early tomorrow afternoon.  That'll give me a little longer weekend. 

By the way, Jen and Becca, do you remember the airshows in Pensacola we used to go to?   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please note: B25 is a 'Mitchell' (two engines) of Doolittle's Raid fame, B24 is the 'Liberator' (four engines) of bombing Ploesti fame. I testify that this is true. Amen. Sorry I'm anal. bruce

Jennifer Groves said...

Yes, I totally remember the air shows in Pensacola. Didn't the Blue Angels practice over our home we lived in on base? Fun times!