Monday, September 29, 2008

I wanna move to Australia

I'm a bit of a political junkie, heavy on the conservative side, and the recent goings on in congress makes me want to choke something.  They are the ones who got  us in the financial mess we are in, and the democrat leadership  in lockstep pretend that it's the current President's fault.  They aren't looking to help fix anything, they are looking to score political points.  This crap began with Jimmy Carter and got worse with Bill Clinton and George Bush, but most of the damage was done with that bill back in the Clinton administration, the Community Rehab Bill or something like that, that forced lenders to lend mortgage money to people who weren't qualified and couldn't afford to buy, so we could have more minorities owning homes.  Now that things are falling apart, the fox is guarding the henhouse.  Luckily there are a few sane brains in congress (house republicans).  I don't support any bailout that doesn't include incentives like lowering the corporate and capital gains taxes and that also adjusts the "mark to market" accounting rules that are exacerbating the whole mess.  I have heard those things talked about on the internet, but not in congress. I hope my 401K isn't eating it right now, but it probably is.  Maybe I should hide all my money under the bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my wonderful husband is one of the brightest men I know ( a little biased) and I agree with him, but lets remember that some of the Republicans are just as bad and some of the Democrats are trying as hard as the other Republicans