Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hello my children!

Yes, I still blog sometimes.  
My parking enforcement days are over.  Now I can experience the joy of not being hated by everyone in Grand Junction.  I can have friends again!  I can walk down the street with my head held high.  No longer will I drive the Glorified Golf Cart of the Gods.  Now I will drive a regular internal combustion engine equipped vehicle, and I can pollute like everyone else.  Life is good.

I am in the midst of training for my new job.  Today I responded to my first accident, in a car that goes over 25 mph.  I almost got a nosebleed from the speed.  I gave one poor sap a ticket for following too close.  Instead of $10 for a parking violation, he got a ticket worth $112.  That's 11.2 parking tickets (we don't have .2 tickets, but you know, it's a comparison thing).  I got another accident call 35 minutes before it was time to go home, and after that dispatch tried to give me a third one with only 7 minutes left.  After they were reminded of their error, they apologized and gave the call to someone else.  

I think my new job is going to be fun.  Love to everybody! 

2 comments:

The Shawcrofts said...

I'm glad you're liking your new job!

Anonymous said...

Did they give you the centrifuge test to ensure you can handle the speed?

bruce