Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hola, Mensos!

I just finished a week of pretty intense Spanish for Law Enforcement, and one of my favorite words that I learned is "menso."  It basically translates to "dumb ass" so I will probably use it a lot.  My class was a 40 hour class that covered basic spanish, verbs, interviews and investigations in spanish, vocabulary, and arrest and control in spanish, the last of which I won't use because I don't arrest people.  I suppose I could be called upon to help another officer with the language when he wants to arrest somebody though.  You never know.

OU plays on TV again today.  They play Kansas.  I hope I'm not disappointed again.  It would be nice if Missouri could beat Texas too, but that is probably too much to hope for.

The NBA preseason has begun, so who do we get to watch here in GJ?  The Nuggets?  Nope.  We get to watch teams like Golden State, Milwakee, Detroit, etc.  The Nuggets are nowhere to be found on my TV.  Mensos!

No comments: