Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I have been a falluto!

I haven't posted in a while, which makes me a falluto (Spanish for no-load, loser, waste of space, etc.).  I have had writer's block, making me a block  head with nothing to write about.  Now I am repenting of my great evil and will blog again!  

I have begun riding my bicycle (the big heavy one that is an easy chair on wheels) to work from Fruita, which is about 15 or 16 miles one way.  The routes are limited, and I like to go down Hwy 6 & 50 on the shoulder, which is very wide, but also very dirty.  I don't mind the dirt, but the dirt hides goat heads, which attack bike tires and give you flats.  I have ridden three times and gotten two flats, both times the front tire.  Both times at about the same place on the road too.  I am tempted to find a broom and sweep the dirt off the shoulder in that area, but that would be too much like work.  I got a CO2 pump to blow up my flat tires and a couple of spare tubes to keep me from being stranded, so now that I am prepared I will probably not get a flat again.  That's usually the way it works for me anyway, if I am prepared nothing happens, if I'm not, then something does.

Now that I am riding, I am having the uplifting experience of being sore.  My knees, and inner thighs especially cry out after the riding is done and I have been sitting still for a while, then get up.  My legs say "Hey!"  They get back at me for moving by giving me pain.  I will show them, though.  Soon they will be like the Nephite women journeying in the wilderness, and will be able to bear their exertions without murmuring.  Then I will be strong.  Oh, by the way, the ride home today got me sunburned and wind burned.  The wind was blowing 20 to 30 miles per hour, in my face, and by the time I got home I was bushed and really, really hungry.  I will need to start taking some granola bars or something along to snack on.

Sunday is a double whammy for me.  I have to speak in Sacrament meeting and I have to give the lesson in my Primary class.  I have begun preparing.  At least for the talk.  I haven't even looked at the lesson book yet.

Later, everybody!  

1 comment:

The Shawcrofts said...

Grant....we're waiting for your next post! It has been a few days...what's the hold up? You can't leave your faithful followers in the lurch like this!

We love you! Joe and Ash