Sunday, March 2, 2008

It snowed last night

I guess winter doesn't want to let go just yet.  We got an inch or two of snow last night, but I think it will be melted by the end of the day.  It's suppose to get up to around 44 degrees, I think.  Yesterday I "harvested" all the dead flowers from the flower garden in front of the house and I saw new plants starting to grow already.  I hope they are not too surprised by the snow.  

Cathy and I have had a spendy weekend, and it was fun.  This was the third payday of the month for me so the normal deductions were not taken out of my check and I got a big one.  Putting the extra money into savings would be the wise thing to do, but who said we were wise?  We got some more new dishes, new silverware, a new bookcase for the third bedroom which is now our computer room/office, and one of those AeroGarden countertop plant growers "as seen on TV."  It's pretty cool, and I look at it all the time to see if anything has sprouted yet, even though there is no chance for any thing to start growing for another couple of days.  We planted the herb collection that came with the kit, but we also have cherry tomatoes and some salad greens that we bought to plant later on.  We figured to use the included plants first to see how it does.  We got ours at Culinary Corner, but found out the next day that they are at Bed Bath and Beyond too.  The price was the same at both places.  Now we have to spend money on dumb stuff like the house payment and tithing and bills.  Food too.

Joe, we love you and are proud of you.  Ashley, hang tough.  We love you too.  The rest of you guys, same same.

1 comment:

The Shawcrofts said...

Hey Grant. I also like that other country song that you commented about. That's a good one.
I have been holding up pretty well. Definitely miss Joe, but that's a given. Just staying busy and working on projects around the house when I have time.
Let us know how your green thumb does with all those plants! Love you, Ash