Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The last couple of days...

...have been really nice, except for quite a bit of wind.  Actually, the wind is nice too, it keeps things from getting stagnant.  Today though, after work, the leading edge of a front started to reach this area, and the wind really picked up.  It was nice temperature wise, around 80 degrees, and partly cloudy so the sun didn't beat down, but it was WINDY!  I think half of Utah blew by while I was out doing my work thing.  I knew I was in for a hard ride home on the bicycle, but I learned from my last post not to whine.  It was a challenge though.  About 5 miles in, with 10 miles to go, I checked the bike computer and I was going about 9 miles per hour.  I didn't want another hour more of riding so I kicked it up to about ten and a half, but not much faster.  Whenever a gust hit, I slowed down.  Still, I made it home in about an hour and 20 minutes, only 15 minutes or so over my regular time.  I was really tired when I got in.  My legs are jelly.  Tomorrow it's rainy, because of the front, so I will not ride in.  It will be a nice rest.  Yay!

No comments: