Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I saw the great picture of Joe in his uniform on his and Ashley's blog, what with him looking all cool and confident and military-ish.  He was the very picture of a self confident, mature young man.  I am so proud.  Still, I thought it would be fun to publish another picture of Joe, to contradict the one he published. Just for the heck of it, of course, and to add a little humor to things.   It took me about 5 tries and 20 minutes to get the picture uploaded, but it was worth it.  As Ricky Ricardo used to say, "Joe, you got some 'splainin' to do!"  Only Ricky said "Lucy" instead of "Joe".  But you know what I mean.  Hard to believe both pictures are of the same guy, huh?  

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but hey, if you can't make fun of your kids, who can you make fun of?  Cathy and I love all you guys lots.  We hope this blog entry finds all you fruit of our loins well and happy.  Especially you, Joe.  And, by extension, Ashley.  Well, not by extension.  Just you too, Ashley.  You're adopted, like Erik and Travis.
Dad.

3 comments:

The Shawcrofts said...

I love the comparison, because we all know Joe is just as goofy as he is confident. He would probably like this picture better than the one I posted! Love you!

Jennifer Groves said...

I too like the comparison. They show both sides of Joe really well.

The Shawcrofts said...

no contradiction at all...cool and confident in both it would seem to me :) You guys should try having an alter ego...it does wonders with stress relief and helps eliminate wrinkles too.

Joe.