Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Today is Bike to Work day here in Grand Junction, so I did. I pretty much do anyway, but today I get rewarded with goodies. The city provided breakfast and a free t-shirt. I got a second free t-shirt, this one long sleeved, from Brown's Cycles. I talked to Chris, Bruce, and he asked about you. I told him you were not coming back, because you committed to a new house in Indiana.

I rode in with another city employee named Randy Keller, who also rode a recumbent for the occasion. He usually rides a road bike, but since today was "special" and I ride a bent, he rode his. He has a big long one (longer than mine) with under seat steering. Long story short, he couldn't keep up, so I had to slow down. It was a nice leasurely ride in from Fruita this morning. He wants to ride with me again, and next time will probably ride his road bike, so I will probably be the one who can't keep up.

Happy Birthday Joe!! Your gift has been ordered and your card will be on the way tomorrow. We love you!

1 comment:

Jennifer Groves said...

Keep up the good work. I need to get my butt in gear and work out on a daily basis! You are an inspiration