Thursday, June 5, 2008

...if the creek don't rise...



I took my camera with me on the bent this morning and took a couple of pictures of the flooded over part of the Riverfront Trail.  It's kinda hard to see where the trail enters the water but if you blow up the picture you can see it better.  This afternoon the river started to go down a little.

I got all wet because it rained all morning, so I rode in the rain all the way.  The rain quit in the early afternoon and the sun even came out for a while, so I was expecting a nice ride home.  It was not to be, because another storm cell rolled in from the northwest and caught me at about 19 Rd.  It started as a sprinkle and by the time I got to 18 Rd it was a pretty steady rain.  I got pretty much drowned.  Cathy came looking for me and found me just as I was turning north at the Dos Hombres in Fruita.  I was only about 5 blocks from home but since she came looking, I threw the bike in the back of the truck and rode in comfort the rest of the way.  Tomorrow is supposed to be sunshine all day but I won't ride because I have to bring home all my dirty uniforms and they won't fit anywhere on the bent.  Figures.

No comments: