Monday, April 29, 2013

3 more squares planted today

I planted three squares in box 2 with leaf lettuce today.  I had been growing lettuce from seed in a grow box, and it had sprouted and was growing, but it was all flopped around and stringy.  Erik told me that I needed go put it in the wind outside so it could strengthen, so I took the box outside yesterday.  I also have broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, and eggplant sprouting in the indoor box.

I took the box outside, and at the end of the day all the lettuce appears to have laid down and died.  I wonder what happened.  The peppers are ok, not sure yet about anything else.  Anyway, I took some new seed and planted lettuce directly into the garden, in three squares.  I figure when it sprouts it will already be outside so it will be ok.  Hope so anyway.

No comments: