Sunday, April 28, 2013

My grid layout

So far, only two of my four 4x4 raised beds has been filled.  There is something in all of them though, so progress is being made as the weather warms.  I'm taking a bit of a chance by planting tomatoes outside; the conventional wisdom is that it's safe after May 10, and it's still April.  I'm hoping, and if it's predicted to be freezing I will cover them with something to help them survive.

Hopefully I can attach the Xcel program that has the grids:


I had to take a photo of the computer screen to get the grids on the blog.  As you can probably see, Squares 1 and 3 are filled.  When I get them planted I add color to the boxes.  White means nothing planted yet, but  I've typed in what I plan to plant.

I'm learning a lot about cold weather plants, warm weather plants, and stuff like that.  I've also started to poke my nose into something called "edible landscaping."

"Nuff said."

No comments: