Monday, April 15, 2013

It's cold and rainy outside...

...and I planted two squares of beets anyway.  Maybe I will get out later and plant onions, radishes, and carrots.  My information says to plant about 3 weeks before the last spring frost, which is normally around the middle of May.  I planted them with an open square on each side for tomatoes.  I figure the tomatoes won't bother the beets, or the onions, radishes, or carrots for that matter.  The veggies that are planted one per square like tomatoes, beans, eggplant, I will space out and plant other crops in between.

It's early yet but I still have a lot of planting space left.  Can't wait to get stuff in the ground!

Congrats to Joe and Ashley on the birth of their new daughter!  I'm not sure what her name is yet, but I think it's Genevieve Ruby.  Not sure on the spelling either.  I am sure that she's a cutie though.

No comments: