Saturday, April 6, 2013

Here are a couple of photos of my young strawberries.  They are the only green plants in the garden so far.  There are way more than are shown in the pics, though.  I counted 18 I think.  I can't plant much else until the danger of frost is over.  I saw on the weather channel that the temps are supposed to dip below freezing for a day or two around the middle of next week.  Grandma Haines, when she was alive, said that gardeners should wait until after May 10 before planting anything that wouldn't be able to stand a dip below freezing.  I don't know if they let her garden in the spirit world.  She always had the old fashioned row gardens, not the cool new square foot garden.

I will probably wait until after May 10 for most things, but some can handle a little cold.



No comments: