Thursday, April 23, 2009

My vote for "Empty Gesture of the Day" goes to...

...celebutard (a term I first heard on the Neal Boortz show and really like) Mia Farrow for declaring today that she is going on a hunger strike to stop the fighting in Darfur.  Boy, that'll really get all sides to the negotiating table!  I can see the Darfurians (?) now.  They are probably thinking, "Whoa, we better stop killing each other or the great has-been actress Mia Farrow might go hungry for a couple of days!  We must have peace!"  Does she really think that anyone but her gives a flying darn if she eats or not?  Her grocer probably wouldn't even notice that she quit buying groceries, as thin as she is.  

The last time I saw a picture of her she was so skinny that if she stood sideways and stuck out her tongue, she would do a great impression of a zipper.  She must really expect results fast because I don't think she can afford to miss too many meals.  

I guess she feels good about herself for "taking a stand."  A meaningless stand, but a stand.

2 comments:

Jennifer Groves said...

That is too funny....LOL!

Anonymous said...

To be fair...it's only a 21 day fast. I'm sure that doesn't change the impact to the average Darfurian (I think I saw that episode of Star Trek)(Speaking of Star Trek there's a new movie coming out).
What do you call Mia Farrow after she's washed her hair and has a towel on her head? A Q-Tip.
bruce