Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Yesterday was my 30-30-10 day

I rode thirty miles on my trusty recumbent, jogged for thirty minutes after riding, and then about an hour after I finished my jog, I swam ten laps in the Fruita high school pool. You'd think after all that, I would be in terrific shape. No such luck. I am still a fat old man. I didn't sleep very well last night because the old bod wasn't quite up to that much exercise and decided to protest. I had to take a couple of aleve to get to sleep.

Also, you notice that I said jog instead of run. I am pretty slow still, but getting better. I will call it a run when I actually run.

So, to add insult to injury, I rode in to work this morning, and then on the ride home my front tire decided that it had lived long enough and failed on me. Cathy had to come and pick me up. I can't be upset about it, though, because it was the original front tire from when I bought the bike. I have had three or four rear tires since then. Anyway, no more riding to work until I can replace it. It's a good thing I have the stationary bike in the garage to ride to keep up my training.

In my last post I talked about all the evil spirits ganging up on us. I didn't think they could work on messing up bicycles too.

1 comment:

The Shawcrofts said...

Holy crap dad that is awesome! I haven't done anything like that yet. So far the most I have done is bike 20 miles and run for 30 minutes....on 2 separate occasions. No, I haven't done that twice I mean I rode my bike one day and then ran 30 minutes on another day :).